Lent begins on Ash Wednesday. Lent is a time of preparation, preparing for Easter, where we remember Jesus’ last supper with his disciples, his passion, crucifixion and look towards his resurrection.
During Lent, we prepare for Easter through prayer, fasting and giving. Pope Francis speaks to us about fasting from poor choices and actions and focus on the ways in which we can be nourished and reach out to others.
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
- Fast from worries and have trust in God.
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
- Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy.
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.
On Ash Wednesday, as a whole school community, we marked the beginning of our Lenten and Easter journey with a Liturgy of the Word, celebrating Ash Wednesday. Thank you to Fr Anthony for joining us and the staff and students for helping to create a prayerful and reverent time.